Criminal Driving Defence Lawyers in Calgary
Criminal Driving Offences are broader than alcohol or drug related driving offences. Some of these offences include:
- Dangerous Driving
- Dangerous Driving Causing Bodily Harm
- Dangerous Driving Causing Death
- Flight from Police
- Flight from Police Causing Bodily Harm
- Flight from Police Causing Death
- Street Racing
- Street Racing Causing Bodily Harm
- Street Racing Causing Death
- Failing to Stop at Scene of Accident
- Driving while Disqualified / Unauthorized / Prohibited
In these cases, the driving itself forms the key elements of the offence. It is therefore important to flush out the circumstances surrounding the driving and any potential collision that may have resulted. Try to write down as much as you can about how you drove, and why you drove the way you did. If there was an accident, it may be worthwhile to take pictures of the area to explain what happened. If you had passengers travelling with you, have them write what they remember happening.
In the case of Driving While Disqualified, try to summarize for yourself in writing what may have caused you to drive on this occasion.
The range of sentence for each of these offences varies significantly. Beyond any potential fine or jail sentence, you must also keep in mind that you may receive a driving prohibition from the Court, and a further driving suspension from the Province.