Property Crime Lawyer Calgary
Property Crime Charge
Crimes against property are serious charges in Canada. This offence usually include one of the following offences:
Defending Crimes Against Property Charges
In all cases, our lawyers will sort through and assess the evidence obtained by the police in the course of their investigation to determine any weaknesses in the case against you. A person is found not guilty of this offence if:
- They either believe on reasonable grounds that they are in peaceable possession of property or are acting under the authority of or lawfully assisting, a person whom they believe on reasonable grounds is in peaceable possession of property
- They believe on reasonable grounds that another person
- is about to enter, is entering or has entered the property without being entitled by law to do so
- is about to take the property, is doing so or has just done so
- is about to damage or destroy the property, or make it inoperative, or is doing so
- The act that constitutes the offence is committed for the purpose of
- preventing the other person from entering the property, or removing that person from the property
- preventing the other person from taking, damaging or destroying the property or from making it inoperative, or retaking the property from that person
- The act committed is reasonable in the circumstances
- What is mischief?
- What are the best defences to a mischief charge?
- How can I get my mischief charges dropped?